“If you want something you have never had, you have to do something you have never done!”
You are in the Driver’s Seat
That’s what I want to talk about today – taking control of your life. You and I are really in the driver’s seat of our own lives. We’re behind the wheel, and if we’re not careful, life will happen TO us and make our decisions FOR us. You will continue to watch and wish (“I wish I looked that way or I wish I could work out that hard”).
I believe there are 5 important things that you must do if you’re ready to take charge and get behind the wheel of your life. If you are truly ready to “do something you have never done” you have to:
- You have to, first and foremost, make up your mind that you are ready to get in the game. You are ready to pursue the dream. You are ready to do some changing. You must make up your mind and SAY you’re ready!
- Your voice needs to be the loudest voice of all that you hear. Some people in your life may voice their opinions, but honestly – no one knows your dreams or your heart or what you really WANT except YOU. No one else can read your mind but YOU.
- You must let go of unrealistic expectations. Nothing will ever be perfect. This is a time to say PROGRESSION over perfection. You will not be perfect, or even that great at the start. AND that is ok. You are learning, practicing and getting better every day.
- Understand why you’ve been avoiding the things you’re putting off. Is it a fear that you can’t do it? Is it a fear of embarrassment? Is it a fear of what others will say or think? Is it not a belief in yourself? Identity and understand why you’re avoiding it. Introspection is key.
- JUST DO IT! Get busy and start doing it. Get into the driver’s seat and take control. Decide what you want to do and just do it. Plain and simple.
This is really about anything in your life.
Adventure Comes From Within
Have you been wanting to try out for a team but been too afraid? Maybe you are really wanting to ask someone out on a date but you haven’t yet? Have you been wishing for a career change? Maybe you wish you had a high school or college degree?
Just do it! Quit waiting for life to happen and letting it pass you by. Now is the time, my friend!
This quote by George Elliott is so fitting for this topic.
Quit sitting on the sidelines: Find the courage within yourself!
My challenge to you is to start investigating how to make these changes. And go for it!! Use the list above to start achieving those dreams. YOU are in control of your life, and you are worthy of achieving your dream.
To Your Success,